Monday, April 07, 2008

Dreaming Fodder




Still working all day every day on the theater projects I've joined, but before I drift off to sleep, I've been watching these newly posted videos of Sheldrake working the thought experiments.

While I of course have some issues with certain Sheldrake-isms, particularly his fixated attention to lackluster results of some telepathy experiments, I nevertheless find him provocative, inspiring, and fun. He's the kind of guy who makes me think three times before I can agree or disagree with something he says.

It is true that Sheldrake has been shrouded in a bit of new-age populism, but he also shares a lot with Bergson and Jung - two philosophers I greatly admire.

Oh - and get well soon, Rupert.

1 comment:

PWS said...

Jesus! Dude got stabbed!? Who knew lecturing on consciousness was such serious business?

As for Jung, I'm glad to hear you like him. Though of course he gets picked up for a lot of new agey bullhicky, he still is fascinating. And Jungians are usually more easy to put up than Freudians. Give me Joseph Campbell over Lacan any day.