Monday, February 18, 2008

Projected Anger Makes Me Mad




I played the guess the composer game while listening to the last few minutes of an orchestral piece on the radio driving home from the grocery store.

A symphonic work
Sounds like the last movement of 4 movement form
Well, definitely a romantic - german sounds like
But i don't know it... kinda familiar.
No, don't know it - could this be a neo-romantic?
It's way too indulgent - how dare a neo-romantic demand this much empathy from me?
Oh man I'm pissed - this is ridiculous
If this is a Juilliard teacher...
What a sentimental asshole.
The academic scene is such bs.
Ok, that part was good - surprisingly -
What form is this anyway? It's like the transcendentalists.
What does this guy know about transcendentalism?
I am pissed off!
Ok that part was kind of interesting.
But it's mostly bad!
This is total shit and I'm tired of it. Who is it?

Final movement of Mahler 10.

for the record: Mahler 10 is mostly awesome.

No comments: