Wednesday, September 17, 2008

There's a Hole in my Bucket


In the spirit of good fun, I present a clip of "sound design" from my most recent theater collaboration. The show "Kid Simple" made use of foley sounds and called for comedic sound collages based on some brief descriptions. I used some samples here and there, wrote some of my own sounds, and had friends use their favorite made-up character voices to finish the job.

Instructions in the play:

5 seconds each of:
1. News report during a New York City blackout
2. New England matron explaining how to dismember a lobster
3. Commercial promo for Extreeeeme sports
4. Rousing rendition of "There's a Hole in my Bucket Dear Liza"
5. A line from Dante's Inferno
6. The echo of the echo of someone saying echo

Chasm.wav - Troy

I think there is an r&b album of folk songs in the works...

No comments: