Saturday, July 15, 2006

Teatro Comunale di Città della Pieve


Well tomorrow I'm off for Italia. Citta' della Pieve (or as we affectionately call it "shitabowlopubes") to be exact. My chamber opera, La Tempesta (ummm... The Tempest) will be gloriously performed thrice in a gorgeous multi-hundred year old opera theater. It was a rush job, as these things often are, and it was a radical break from my more experimental musics, but it has been a time of worthy trial up to this point. I orchestrated two hours of music in two weeks. Nothing like deadlines to show a man what he's made of...

Commissions are strange that way. Fulfilling a commission, a specific goal, can be quite fun. I got to write in all the languages I'm not 'allowed' to write in. I find the whole process quite fascinating... at least fascinating enough to do it this time. Yeah, this time it was okay. After this, I'm prepared to drown myself in uncompromising duende inspired art-making. For the people!

What a strange strange time its been. I've been expected by other people... many other people... to write performable music. So strange. I've been fortunate enough not to think too much about it, but in my brief moment of reflection, I recognize how obsessive my mind has been to simply complete a job. Expectation creates a very unique atmosphere that I never really anticipated before. Sure, I should have reasoned this dynamic as likely, but it never really occurred to me.

Blah. I'm off. I'm exhausted. I'm exhausted. I haven't slept in months. Time to reap what I've sown.

Wow. What great friends I have. I'm not about to do a public banter on each of you, the three or four who read this thing, but I am completely humble to each and every person who has been so understanding through this crazy composing time. I'm very very fortunate. It is clear that what I have attempted would not have been possible without support from amazing people. yikes, i'm so cheesy. well, you know me. i'm a sincere cheesy guy. Thanks everyone.

Well, that's all for now. Poof...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day


Why should you pay ebay when you can sell your new and used products FREE on http://www.BuySellDirect.net


http://www.BuySellDirect.net is 100% FREE for all